Monday 18 January 2010

Blueberry Cupcakes

I guess there were still blueberries from our berry picking trip at Portarlington that I just decided to make some cupcakes. Used some whole blueberries in the cupcake and the pureed the rest which was mixed with the butter cream.
I did add some lemon rind and juice too, to the cupcakes but was not too sure how it would taste, so did not add too much.
Overall I think it turned out tasty, but could have made it bigger. Also realised that the blueberries needed to also be at room temperature before adding them to the butter cream. Otherwise it could make the butter cream split.
One way to remedy this was to allow the butter cream to stand a while longer and then beat it again.
But I really wonder why they call it blue berries...looks more dark pink to me :-)





















No comments:

Post a Comment